- VACCINATION EVENT: NEMS will be providing COVID-19 vaccinations at the 2023 San Francisco Chinatown Community Street Fair on Saturday and Sunday, February 4-5. Click here to learn more.
- VACCINES: NEMS provides COVID-19 vaccinations and age-eligible boosters to any community member ages 6 months and over. NEMS currently offers Moderna, Pfizer, and Novavax vaccines, as well as bivalent boosters.
- TESTING: COVID-19 PCR testing is available at select NEMS locations. At-home rapid antigen testing kits are also available by request for pick-up at a NEMS pharmacy.
- TREATMENT: If you test positive for COVID-19, notify your NEMS provider immediately as you may be eligible for COVID-19 treatment.
- A limited supply of N95 masks are available at select NEMS clinics. Mask distribution is first come, first served, while supplies last.
NEMS can assist you with getting the COVID-19 vaccine and boosters. Click on a topic below to learn more.
NEMS can provide COVID-19 vaccinations to any community member ages 6 months and over!
If you are a NEMS member, please call 415-391-9686 to make a vaccination appointment. If you are new to NEMS, please register first by visiting our Become a Member page.
All patients under age 18 will need to have their parent/guardian accompany them to their vaccine appointment. Parents or guardians will be asked to provide contact information and a Photo ID at the appointment. For anyone under 18, please also bring your photo ID if available (for example, school ID or driver’s license).
NEMS offers booster shots to age-eligible members who have completed their primary COVID-19 vaccine series. Please use the following criteria to determine if and which booster you are eligible to receive (as of 9/12/22):
- Age 6 months to 4 years: A booster is not recommended at this time.
- Age 5 to 11 years: A Pfizer or Moderna bivalent booster is recommended at least 2 months after completing the primary vaccine series or the last monovalent booster. Children age 5 years can only get a Pfizer bivalent booster and children ages 6 to 11 years can get a Pfizer or Moderna bivalent booster.
- Age 12 to 17 years: A Pfizer or Moderna bivalent booster is recommended at least 2 months after completing the primary vaccine series or the last monovalent booster.
- Age 18 years and older: A Pfizer or Moderna bivalent booster is recommended at least 2 months after completing the primary vaccine series or the last monovalent booster.
NEMS is offering both Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines for children 6 months and older, by appointment only. Please call 415-391-9686 to make an appointment.
NEMS offers several COVID-19 testing options for you and your family.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we recommend taking a COVID-19 rapid antigen test, which can be done at home. You can also use an at-home rapid antigen test to monitor for illness as requested by your school or work.
If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, we recommend that you complete an in-person PCR test at NEMS.
NEMS does not provide COVID-19 testing for travel or leisure purposes.
COVID-19 At-Home Rapid Antigen Test Kits are now available through the United States Postal Service as well as through NEMS.
If you are a NEMS member and would like to request test kits, please call 415-391-9686 to schedule a time to pick up at one of our NEMS Pharmacy locations. If you are new to NEMS, please register first by visiting our Become a Member page.
COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Kits (QuickVue and iHealth) FAQ & Instruction Handouts are now available. See below.
NEMS offers in-person PCR testing at some of our clinic locations through drive-thru or walk-up. NEMS staff will observe you during the nasal swab self-collection process or can help young children or those who need assistance.
Learn more about COVID-19 testing and aftercare below.
NEMS can provide PCR testing at select locations:
Santa Clara County
Call 408-573-9686 to make an appointment
NEMS LUNDY CLINIC – SAN JOSE
1870 Lundy Avenue
San Jose, CA 95131
Call 415-391-9686 to make an appointment
NEMS NORIEGA CLINIC – SUNSET
1450 Noriega Street
San Francisco, CA 94122
NEMS CHINATOWN TESTING SITE
North Beach Garage
735 Vallejo Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
NEMS 2574 SAN BRUNO CLINIC – PORTOLA
2574 San Bruno Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94134
San Mateo County
Call 650-550-3923 to make an appointment
NEMS EASTMOOR CLINIC – DALY CITY
211 Eastmoor Avenue
Daly City, CA 94015
NEMS is proud to be a “Test to Treat” program site. Whether you’ve tested positive using a PCR test or an at-home rapid antigen test, it’s important for you to tell your primary care provider immediately.
If you are a NEMS member and test positive for COVID-19, we can provide you with oral antiviral medications if you are at high risk of getting very sick. Please notify your NEMS provider immediately and within 5 days of the start of your symptoms, so you can be evaluated as a candidate for treatment. COVID-19 treatments must be started early in order to work.
NEMS Pharmacy has oral antiviral medication available for symptomatic patients who test positive for COVID-19 and have increased risk for hospitalization.
Please notify NEMS immediately and within 5 days of the start of your symptoms, so you can be evaluated as a candidate for treatment. COVID-19 treatments must be started early in order to work.
NEMS is proud to be a “Test to Treat” program site.
Health and Safety Protocols
If you need to come in person to a NEMS Clinic, please remember to:
- Call ahead to make an appointment: 415-391-9686 or 650-550-3923 or 408-573-9686
- Avoid entering the facility if you have a cough or fever. Please schedule a virtual care appointment instead.
- Wear a mask. Surgical masks are required in any health care facility.
- Maintain at least six feet (6’) of distance from others.
- To comply with county health orders, please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Only 1 caretaker or guardian may accompany a patient if needed.
- Health screenings (temperature checks and screening questions) may be asked and performed.
- Please bring your NEMS ID, insurance cards, and active medication bottles to your visit.
- Indoor waiting areas may be limited or restricted for safety purposes. We may need to ask that you wait outside.
- Abide by our social distancing protocols and follow the instructions of NEMS staff on site.
COVID-19 Education Materials
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs
CLINITEST Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Testing Instructions
Quidel QuickVue At-Home Rapid Antigen Testing Instructions
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen (At Home) Test FAQs & Quidel QuickVue Instructions (Arabic)
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen (At Home) Test FAQs & Quidel QuickVue Instructions (Chinese)
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen (At Home) Test FAQs & Quidel QuickVue Instructions (English)
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen (At Home) Test FAQs & Quidel QuickVue Instructions (Russian)
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen (At Home) Test FAQs & Quidel QuickVue Instructions (Spanish)
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen (At Home) Test FAQs & Quidel QuickVue Instructions (Vietnamese)
iHealth At-Home Rapid Antigen Testing Instructions
FlowFlex COVID-19 Antigen Testing Instructions