Primary Care Services
Our primary care providers specialize in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Family Medicine (Family Practice) to care for people of all ages.
Primary Care Services Include:
- Evaluation and treatment of medical complaints
- Follow-up of chronic and ongoing medical problems
- Treatment of urgent medical problems
- Routine checkups
- Immunizations for all age groups, including annual influenza (flu) shots
- Screening for many health disorders, such as diabetes (high blood sugar), high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, hepatitis, and cancers
- Women’s health care services (see topic below)
NEMS provides many other types of services, such as:
- Work physical examinations
- Work injuries (worker’s compensation)
- School sports examinations
- Adolescent health care services
- Geriatric health care services
- Tuberculosis screening and treatment
- Hepatitis B screening, vaccination, and treatment
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) screening
- Confidential HIV testing, treatment, counseling and medical care
- Immigration examinations and evaluations
NEMS provides comprehensive Women’s Health care services, including family planning, pregnancy test, perinatal/prenatal care, complete obstetrical (OB) services, gynecology services, and breast and cervical cancer screening (Pap smears, mammograms).
Our board-certified obstetrician-gynecologists (OB/GYNs) have hospital privileges and can deliver babies at Sutter Health California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC).
Specialty Care Services
Your NEMS primary care provider will refer you to a specialist for consultation and treatment as needed.
The following specialty services are available at NEMS, including:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Otolaryngology (Ear Nose Throat)
- Radiology (X-ray)
Specialty services not provided at NEMS are available by referral to specialists in the community or at a hospital. It is your responsibility to pay for services provided to you and which are not covered by your health insurance plan or special programs.
Find a Provider
As a NEMS patient, you have access to a group of multilingual, multicultural health care professionals. You can browse our list of health care providers below and search by language, ZIP code, or service/specialty.*
*Keyword searches are only available in English. You cannot search for terms in other languages using the “Search Provider/Clinic” field.
Make an Appointment
Make an appointment with a NEMS provider or service today!
Registered NEMS members can make appointments now. If you are new to NEMS, please register first by visiting our Become a Member page.
Health Education Resources
Learn more about specific health topics using our extensive Health Education Resources library. Resources are available in several languages.